The Africa Early Childhood Network (AfECN) is a professional network established in 2015 to serve as a platform for the promotion of excellence and collaboration in protecting children's rights, influencing policy and practice through advocacy, strengthened partnership and sharing of experience and knowledge. The African ECD network focuses primarily on strengthening the capacity of national and regional civil society organization network to better advocate for increased prioritization and resource allocation to ECD. To achieve this, AfECN focuses on the following four strategic goals:
- Strengthened national networking amongst CSO’s
- Enhanced advocacy,
- Knowledge generation and dissemination
- improved practice
- Leadership development.
AfECN seeks to recruit a Regional Co-ordinator to support AfECN’s focal point for national networking in building and strengthening the AfECN network in the West and Central Africa Region.
- Strengthen partnership with West and Central Africa regional organizations and entities
- Map out critical entry points for advocacy within the sub-region
- Enhance AfECN’s role in regional advocacy and policy development
- Develop and support connections between national and regional networking
- Support the establishment/strengthening of functional national ECD Networks and focal points
- Share knowledge, good practice and innovation and accelerating progress towards generating contextually relevant evidence to guide programmes
- Support in the resource mobilisation initiatives in the region
- Degree in ECD related fields including Child Development, Psychology, Community Development, Anthropology, Sociology, Nutrition and Health
- Over 5 years of progressively responsible experience in any of ECD related programming, networking, advocacy, research; preferably in development settings.
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills
- Demonstrated skills in capacity development
- Fluency in English is required with excellent writing skills
- Ability to communicate in French or Portuguese is an added advantage
Contract duration: 2 years with possibility of renewal
Position location: Various, West and Central Africa Region
How to apply
Send a cover letter and CV expressing your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the position title in the subject of the email by 21st July 2017. Successful applicants shall be contacted and invited for an interview.