The Africa Early Childhood Network (AfECN) is a professional network established in 2015 to serve as a platform for the promotion of excellence and collaboration in protecting children's rights, influencing policy and practice through advocacy, strengthened partnership and sharing of experience and knowledge. The African ECD network focuses primarily on strengthening the capacity of national and regional civil society organization network to better advocate for increased prioritization and resource allocation to ECD. To achieve this, AfECN focuses on the following four strategic goals:
- Strengthened national networking amongst CSO’s
- Enhanced advocacy,
- Knowledge generation and dissemination
- improved practice
- Leadership development.
To ensure efficient, inclusive and scalable practice, AfECN seeks to recruit a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to implement monitoring and evaluating activities of the Program.
- Develop a monitoring, learning and evaluation (MEL) strategy and framework
- Build the capacity of the program teams, coordinators and partners in implementing the MEL strategy
- Quality control of the collected data through random verifications and validations
- Analyse the collected data and discuss the findings with the relevant program teams.
- Store the data in safe and accessible systems for reference
- Participate in the program planning and implementation activities.
- Participate the development of the performance indicators and lead in the monitoring process.
- Lead in the program evaluation process, document outcomes and recommendations.
- Atleast 5 years in conceptualizing and implementing monitoring and evaluation
- Training in project performance management as well as monitoring and evaluation
- Competence in information communication technologies and able to use various computer packages, including graphics, statistical and modelling packages.
- Analytical with a high level of accuracy
- Good report writing skills
Contract duration: 1 year with possibility of renewal
Position location: Sub–Saharan Africa
How to apply
Send a cover letter and CV expressing your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the position title in the subject of the email by 21st July 2017. Successful applicants shall be contacted and invited for an interview.