The Africa Early Childhood Network (AfECN) is a professional network established in 2015 to serve as a platform for the promotion of excellence and collaboration in protecting children's rights, influencing policy and practice through advocacy, strengthened partnership and sharing of experience and knowledge. The African ECD network focuses primarily on strengthening the capacity of national and regional civil society organization network to better advocate for increased prioritization and resource allocation to ECD. To achieve this, AfECN focuses on the following four strategic goals:
- Strengthened national networking amongst CSO’s
- Enhanced advocacy,
- Knowledge generation and dissemination
- improved practice
- Leadership development.
To ensure efficient, inclusive and scalable practice, AfECN seeks to recruit a Finance Officer to provide financial management support in the Organisation.
- Maintain accounts ledgers and ensure that all financial transactions are recorded
- Participate in the budgeting process and providing input for the projections
- Manage cash flows optimally and ensure optimal utilization of the budget allocations
- Make timely payments to contractors, consultants and suppliers as per the approved invoices
- Prepare accurate management and donor reports in a timely manner
- Prepare the payroll, ensure all the required statutory deductions are made
- Timely submission of PAYE, NHIF, NSSF, Withholding Taxes and other related taxes
- Working closely with the internal Auditors and Operations manager to ensure compliance to legislative, regulatory and donor compliance
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- Full accounting qualifications – CPA of ACCA
- At least 5 years’ experience in finance preferably in a donor funded Organisation
- A good understanding of International Financial Reporting standards and the local regulatory and tax laws.
- Advanced computer skills with hands on experience in using of various accounting packages
- Analytical and result oriented
Position location: Nairobi, Kenya
Contract duration: 1 years with possibility of renewal
HOW TO APPLY
Send a cover letter and CV expressing your interest to email@example.com and indicate the position title in the subject of the email by 21st July 2017. Successful applicants shall be contacted and invited for an interview.